WhatsApp eagerly awaited “Unsend” feature is finally ready and it’s working. It’s finally possible for you to unsend embarrassing message before your boss gets a glimpse of it, with the new updates there is that capability to delete sent messages for the first time before your contact has had a chance to read them. The new feature will be available for Android, iOS and Windows Phone users.
The new feature, dubbed “Delete for everyone” will be available to use for both messages sent to group and individual chats. The company says that all purged texts will be replaced with a ‘This message was deleted’ notice.
Delete for Everyone work on all types of messages, including text, images, videos, GIFs and documents.
How to unsend WhatsApp messages?
- Make sure you have the latest version of WhatsApp for iOS or Android, you can find this in the App Store or Google Play Store
- Open WhatsApp and go to the chat with the message you want to delete within seven minutes of sending
- Tap and hold the message. You can also tap multiple messages to delete more than one
- Tap the Delete icon at the top of the screen > tap Delete for Everyone
- Everyone on your chat will see the message: “This message was deleted”. So you may still have some explaining to do